Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Revising my GAME plan

The progress on my GAME plan continues. So far, I have learned few things that can help in integrating more technology in my classroom. I have learned new features -to me- when using the graphing calculators, and I have also learned about wonderful software, GeoGebra, which I feel that it is more user friendly than the Geometry Sketch Pad. In addition, I was able to connect math lessons to real life situation and using real life examples more often in my teaching practice.

I believe that learning new technological tools should be a lifelong goal that every teacher needs to work toward through everyday in this career, because there are always new tools out there that educators need to learn about and incorporate in their classrooms to improve their instructional practice.

My new learning goal will be based on NETS-T 4b: Teachers address the diverse needs of all learners by using learner-centered strategies and providing equitable access to appropriate digital tools and resources (National Education Standards for Teachers, 2008). To be able to differentiate instructions in order to reach all learners in my classroom, I will meet with teachers form special education department and from ELL/bilingual department during the common planning period to discuss different strategies and any available technologies that may help addressing the diverse needs of my students.

Reference:

National Education Standards for Teachers (NETS-T). Retrieved February 10, 2010 from http://www.iste.org/Content/NavigationMenu/NETS/ForTeachers/2008Standards/NETS_T_Standards_Final.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment