Monday, February 22, 2010

GAME Plan – Final Reflection

Cennamo, Ertmer, and Ross (2009) say that, “the GAME plan enables you to customize your approach to learning tasks, to develop relevant skills that are important to you, and prepares you for lifelong learning” (p. 3 - 4). I think that I enjoyed going through the steps of my own GAME Plan. Although I haven’t reached my goals completely, but it was nice to set goals, monitor my actions trying to reach those goals, and then evaluate the progress.

The goal on which I most focused throughout this course was to learn new technological tools that I can integrate into my classroom. While working toward this goal, I learned about some nice tools that will have a great impact on my teaching practice. GeoGebra, Geometer’s Sketch Pad, Digital Storytelling, and Online Collaborations are wonderful tools that will change the learning environment in my classroom. By using Digital Storytelling activity in my lesson plan, students can create video presentations. This will allow students to create a product that connects what is going on in the classroom with what students may see outside the classroom and in their day-to-day life.

One adjustment that I need to consider in my teaching practice is to have a back up plan when my lesson requires technology access. As fantastic as technology can be in any classroom, it can easily go wrong. Internet connection could go down, websites could be down or blocked, or any other unexpected technological problem may happen.

Cennamo, K., Ross, J. & Ertmer, P. (2009). Technology integration for meaningful classroom use: A standards-based approach (Laureate Education custom edition). Belmont, CA: Wadsworth, Cengage Learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment